Features of EcoCAR 3
EcoCAR 3 teams will follow the EcoCAR Vehicle Development Process (EVDP) and establish a plan for research and development, analysis, and validation of the vehicle design. EcoCAR 3 teams will have the opportunity to get hands on experience working in many vehicle technology areas, such as:
- Energy Storage System design and integration
- Hardware and Software-in-the-Loop simulation and testing
- Human-Machine Interfacing (HMI) for infotainment and displays
- Vehicle connectivity and embedded control systems
- Powertrain component bench testing
- Use of vehicle modeling and simulation tools
- Improving aerodynamics
The Camaro is a thrill behind the wheel, and now the EcoCAR students are in the driver’s seat of re-inventing the future of efficient mobility. EcoCAR’s mission is to:
- Spur collaboration between government, industry and academia to unlock solutions to our transportation and energy challenges.
- Accelerate the development and demonstration of emerging automotive technologies to strengthen American competitiveness.
- Develop the next generation of engineers and business leaders who will be better prepared for auto industry and related careers.
- Attract the best and brightest students into automotive engineering and STEM careers