Announcing an exciting scholarship opportunity for high school seniors and current college undergraduates, the Buick Achievers Scholarship Program.
This scholarship, funded by the GM Foundation, is designed to help students who are leaders in both the classroom and their communities, but who may not have the financial means to attend college. The GM Foundation has donated hundreds of millions of dollars to deserving charities, educational organizations and disaster relief efforts worldwide since 1976. The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program continues to be one of the nation’s most impactful scholarship programs.
The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program will award up to $25,000 per year for 50 students.
Students are encouraged to apply if they:
- Are high school seniors or current college undergraduates enrolling for full time study at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States or Puerto Rico for the 2016-17 academic year.
- Plan to major in a specified course of study that focuses on Engineering, Technology, or select Design programs.
- Have an interest in a career in the automotive or related industries.
Scholarship recipients are selected based on the following factors:
- Academic achievement and financial need
- Participation and leadership in community and school activities, work experience and interest in pursuing a career in the automotive or related industries
Awards are for students of any age, for undergraduate study only.
More details about the scholarship program, eligibility rules, and selection criteria can be found at www.buickachievers.com