During the six day competition, held May 18-May 23, 2012, teams will present their final Electrical, Mechanical, Controls, Outreach, Business, Trade Show, Hardware-in-the-Loop and Project Initiation Approval presentations to industry leaders and judges. In the end, EcoCAR 2 will crown its Year One victor!
Students and sponsors will stay at the magnificent Renaissance Hollywood Hotel during the competition! Adjacent to the Hollywood and Highland Shopping Center, this hotel is just steps away from the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Madam Tussaud’s Wax Museum. The hotel is also surrounded by more than 20 restaurants and 60 retail shops and is near the famous Graumann’s Chinese 6 Theater and Kodak Theater.
- It is the only city in North America to host the Summer Olympics twice
- It has hosted the Super Bowl seven times
- It was the birthplace of the hula hoop, the Barbie doll and the chaise lounge
- There are more than three million vehicle trips per day on freeways and surface streets
- The LA Coastline stretches more than 75 miles long
- There are more artists, writers, filmmakers, actors, dancers and musicians living and working in this city than any other city at any other time in the history of civilization.
Registration for Competition will open in March, but in the meantime, check out the hotel and learn some more about Los Angeles. As always, check back on the Green Garage Blog for blog posts about competition events and EcoCAR 2 updates!