Get InvolvedEcoCAR 3 is four-year student design competition sponsored by General Motors and the U.S. Department of Energy. This competition challenges 16 North American universities to re-engineer the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro into a hybrid electric vehicle. EcoCAR 3 provides real-world and hands-on experience to students studying engineering, communications and business.
Seeking dedicated undergraduate and graduate students for:
- Mechanical engineering- CAD design, FEA, structural analysis, subsystem cooling loop design, parts manufacturing and assembly, vehicle structure modification, component and powertrain integration
- Electrical engineering- low-voltage and high-voltage circuit design, wiring and integration
- Modeling & Simulation- MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow
- Controls Development and Testing- supervisory hybrid controller, in-the-loop testing (MIL/SIL/HIL)
- Business, Marketing & Project Management- risk, quality, procurement, schedule, stakeholder and cost management
- Communications, Public Relations and Visual Art Design- educational outreach and community events, social media, videography, website design, blogging, vehicle wrap art design, media relations
- Accelerated academic and professional growth
- Directed Study, Directed Research and/or Thesis credits
- Limited assistantships available
- Advanced training by, and direct support and mentorship from industry experts
- Team travel to training workshops and year-end final competition events
We are always looking for driven and dedicated students to become team members. If you are interested in joining the team, email Dr. Jerry Ku at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your resume to apply.